Saturday, March 3, 2012

I was not built to be a runner.



I love running. I do not have a runner's body. I'm built like an athlete, meant for wreaking havoc on some kind of sports field, rather than lithely striding for miles and miles. That being said, I'm obsessed.

When I graduated from UCLA, I suddenly found myself without a sports team to play on for the first time since I was about five. Largely to keep in shape, I began to run a few miles here and there, never predicting the obsession that developed. I suppose as far as addictions go, running is a pretty healthy one to have. But, I know it's annoying to hear about my training schedule, my runs, my legs, etc. This blog is a way for me to record my own thoughts and feelings about balancing training for various races and graduate school.

My goal right now is to run my second marathon in under five hours. My lovely friend Beccah will be flying to Nashville to run it with me, and I am extremely excited. I love that running has become a team sport for me--captaining a sports team again makes me happy and keeps me sane. Plus I get to wear ridiculous costumes, which is a huge plus.




I hope that this blog will be a source of inspiration for other people who love running and being active. Or, realistically, it will appeal to my close friends who will be the only ones who read it. I'm over 200 miles into this training regiment, with two months until marathon day. Thanks to all of you for your support. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment